The tech-savvy features of android auto and Amazon Alexa provide the best drive. It is the only Hybrid plug-in Hybrid Minivan, allowing a comfortable 7-seater family drive.
Still, the features make Chrysler Pacifica much more than just a minivan, with extra headlights and emergency passenger brakes.
The specs and features of this Minivan are shooting for the sky, but the most important question is how long do Chrysler Pacificas Last?
Though the new cars being launched are designed to live for eight years for almost 200,000 miles, cars like Chrysler can live up to 200,000 – 250,000 miles which can be estimated to be 13-17 years easily.
Chrysler Pacifica has many models that have been launched over the years, Pacifica Limited, Pacifica LX, Pacifica Touring, Pacifica Touring- L, and Pacifica touring- L plus.
All these models are from 2017 and have been termed reliable cars. It is not just the engine but every part installed in the body of the car. Car parts will be discussed later on.
Keep reading the article for deep insights!
Table of Contents
- 1 What Is The Average Life Expectancy Of A Chrysler Pacifica?
- 2 Does Chrysler Pacifica Last Longer Than Other Similar Vehicles?
- 3 Life Expectancy Of Chrysler Pacifica Car Parts
- 3.1 Average Lifespan Of Chrysler Pacifica Brake Pads
- 3.2 Average Lifespan Of Chrysler Pacifica Battery
- 3.3 Average Lifespan Of Chrysler Pacifica Tires
- 3.4 Average Lifespan Of Chrysler Pacifica Transmission
- 3.5 Average Lifespan Of Chrysler Pacifica Spark Plugs
- 3.6 Average Lifespan Of Chrysler Pacifica Key Fob
- 4 What Is Good Mileage For A Used Chrysler Pacifica?
- 5 How To Increase How Long Your Chrysler Pacifica Last
- 6 Problems That Limit The Life Of Your Chrysler Pacifica
- 7 What To Look For When Buying A Chrysler Pacifica
- 8 Frequently Asked Questions
- 9 Conclusion
What Is The Average Life Expectancy Of A Chrysler Pacifica?
Over the years, all newly engineered cars have been designed to last for an estimate of 8 years without giving any serious problems, which sums up to around 200,000 miles.
But cars like Chrysler, as mentioned above, are engineered in a way that if they are maintained accordingly and serviced from time to time.
According to a consumer report, the car has been rewarded with a 3.0 rating after 5.
As mentioned above, the Chrysler Pacifica can live up to more than 200,000 to 250,000 miles if cared for.
Partly it is up to the owner as well. If you take good care of the car, it will last a lifetime. The best about Chrysler Pacifica is that it does not generate expensive problems from time to time.
It is America’s first plug-in Hybrid minivan that has a life span of more than 200,000 miles.
Does Chrysler Pacifica Last Longer Than Other Similar Vehicles?
Over the years, with different models becoming the new featuring face of Chrysler Pacifica, it has always upgraded its features. It has come out to be even more reliable than before.
Let us not forget that companies that make the same cars are also putting in a lot of effort to maintain their reputation by debuting amazing luxury minivans.
This section will closely look into different similar minivans that can be an alternative to Chrysler Pacifica.
1. Chrysler Pacifica Vs. Honda Odyssey
There is no drive like a Honda Odyssey. It is an amazing minivan that has revolutionized the drive of a minivan.
With 260 horsepowers and a 3.5 V6 engine, this car can go up to 30mph in a flash.
But is it the right option for you when you have Chrysler Pacifica as an option? The right car for you is just a read away based on many detailed analysis.
- Even though Chrysler Pacifica is a little more expensive than Honda Odyssey, it also provides smartphone integration in base trim and 121.6 wheelbases, while Odyssey lacks these features.
- According to car complaints, Honda Odyssey has 2086 filed complaints while 759 reported problems.
- On the Other hand, Chrysler Pacifica has 854 filed complaints and almost 720 detected problems. Making Chrysler a proud winner.
- While both Minivans are 7-seaters, the passenger space of the Honda Odyssey is slightly less than that of the Chrysler Pacifica, which makes this luxury minivan a more spacious car for tall adults.
- Making Chrysler Pacifica a more powerful car even though the battery back is smaller. Both Cars have a regular unleaded V6 engine.
- Honda Odyssey has a 3.5 L/212 engine, while Chrysler Pacifica has a 3.6 L/220 engine.
- When compared on reliability and quality, JDpowers has awarded Chrysler Pacifica a score of 76 out of a hundred, which is a good score on the scale. It awarded Honda Odyssey with a score of 77 out of a hundred making it a tight competitor.
- The life expectancy of a Chrysler Pacifica is 250,000 to 300,000 miles, while Honda Odyssey has a life expectancy of 200,000 to 300,000 miles.
- While the Honda Odyssey has an automatic transmission and uses fuel, the other hand, Chrysler Pacifica has an optional transmission and optional fuel use as it can also use electric power for transmission and mileage. Making Chrysler a very economical car.
The Minivans have a very tight competition with slight differences.
In terms of practicality and economical travel, Chrysler is a better option. It is a long-term investment that is highly fruitful.
2. Chrysler Pacifica Vs. Toyota Sienna
Toyota Sienna is a stylish minivan with a passenger body style similar to Chrysler Pacifica. Having amazing features, let’s compare it to Chrysler Pacifica.
- According to a US car report, Toyota Sienna is awarded a score of 8 out of 10, close to that of Chrysler Pacifica’s score of 8.4, making this car a very study competitor.
- Chrysler Pacifica has 854 complaints and 720 reported problems according to car complaints.
- On the other hand, Toyota Sienna has 947 complaints on the file and has 594 reported problems.
- While both cars are large minivans that are hybrid, the Chrysler Pacifica is slightly larger than Toyota Sienna and hand more passenger space. Though the difference is slight, it still is a positive feature for Pacifica as a family car.
- The cars have fuel and electric options on transmission and drive, making them very economical and long-lasting. But the Net Torque for Chrysler Pacificas is 262 at 4000 while that for Toyota Sienna is 176 at 4400.
- The transmission of Chrysler Pacifica is automatic W/OD, while Toyota Sienna has CVT/WOD transmission.
- Based on Quality and Reliability, Chrysler Pacifica is leading with a score of 76 out of 100 according to JDpowers, and Toyota Siena still has some steps to cover with 74 out of 100.
- The life expectancy of Chrysler Pacifica is easily estimated to be over 250,000 to 300,000 miles, while that of Toyota Siena is 200,000 miles.
After a very tight battle between the two amazing Minivans, while Toyota has many amazing features, it is still not making the cut to choose against Chrysler Pacifica, which is a more powerful and reliable option to consider.
Related: How Long Does A Toyota Sienna Last?
3. Chrysler Pacifica Vs. Kia Sedona
Both Minivans are designed to provide a comfortable drive and safety excellence. Kia Sedona has been designed with amazing safety features seen in its braking system.
It can apply emergency brakes at 60mph just above 119 feet, known as a panic brake. Both cars have their merits and demerits evenly distributed, which can be seen further in the pointers.
- The major difference is that Chrysler Pacifica has six trims while Kia Sedona has four trims. More trims mean more options for the owner.
- According to the car complaints record, Chrysler Pacifica has 854 complaints filed while Kia Sedona has 12 NHSTA complaints filed for its engine after 84,365 miles.
- Chrysler has a 3.5L/220 Unite engine with a fuel and electric power option. On the other hand, Kia Sedona has a similar V6 engine yet generates a lower horsepower.
- According to the Quality and Reliability score by JDpowers, Chrysler Pacifica has been awarded a score of 76 out of 100, which is a good score. In contrast, for Kia Sedona, JDpowers has awarded 85 out of a hundred, which is a great score.
- Chrysler has larger passenger space and leg space along with optional turbo charging. On the other hand, Kia Sedona is slightly smaller and is not easy to navigate through small spaces.
- The life expectancy of Chrysler is known to be between 250,000 to 300,000 easily with proper care, while that of Kia Sedona is estimated to be 250,000 miles which can be calculated to be 16 years.
Though Kia Sedona is an amazing car for many and has amazing safety features, Chrysler Pacifica, on the other hand, offers better features and much more.
The giveaway point is life expectancy. Chrysler Pacifica can live up to 17-20 years.
Life Expectancy Of Chrysler Pacifica Car Parts
As mentioned above, the car parts are as important as the body and the engine. Every part of Chrysler makes it what it is, which is amazing.
This section of the article will deal with different car parts in terms of their life expectancy when you should change them, replace them, or get them serviced regularly.
Keep reading. There are plenty of informative facts ahead for all car enthusiasts.
Unmaintained cars will never make it to their average lifespan, for which it is important to understand the functions of different car parts.
Average Lifespan Of Chrysler Pacifica Brake Pads
People who own minivans usually have more weight on the car, usually due to school pick and drop or cargo service, which requires frequent checks of the brake pads.
The brake pads of the Chrysler Pacifica last over 30,000 to 70,000 miles. Switching the tires will also help reduce wear and tear.
If you drive through heavy traffic and rough terrain, replacing them before 35,000 miles may be better.
Average Lifespan Of Chrysler Pacifica Battery
The battery size of the Chrysler Pacific is small and compact, but it still produces amazing amounts of power as the car is a hybrid.
The estimated average life of the battery is 3-5 years, which can be increased to almost six years if driven with care and the battery is regularly maintained.
Parking indoors helps reduce the environmental effects on the battery, increasing life expectancy.
Average Lifespan Of Chrysler Pacifica Tires
It is better to do tire rotation every 5000 miles as it decreases wear and tear. Also, the Chrysler Pacifica is a front wheeler, so the front tires may be worn out quickly.
After 50,000 miles, it can tear a moment. The estimated life expectancy of the tires is 3-5 years.
Average Lifespan Of Chrysler Pacifica Transmission
Based on an annual checkup and scheduled services of 15000 miles, it has been estimated that the life expectancy of Chrysler Pacifica is 200,000 to 250,000 miles.
It also depends on the owner’s driving habits and how well-maintained the engine is. The transmission fluid should be refilled event 20,000 miles.
Average Lifespan Of Chrysler Pacifica Spark Plugs
The spark plugs are important for ignition and energy diverting. It can last up to 100,000 miles.
It should be inspected every 5000 miles to check the spark plugs and replace them when needed.
Chrysler Pacifica comes with a proper maintenance manual which can also be downloaded from the internet.
Average Lifespan Of Chrysler Pacifica Key Fob
Chrysler Pacifica is also a modern car, unlike any minivan launched yet. It is powered by a key fob as well. The life expectancy of a key fob can be prolonged by careful use and care.
The estimated key fob life expectancy is 3-5 years. It is better to change the batteries every three years for better functionality.
What Is Good Mileage For A Used Chrysler Pacifica?
If you have finally decided to buy yourself a Chrysler Pacifica, then you have made an excellent decision for yourself and your family.
The new Chrysler Pacific offers 200,000 – 250,000 miles, around 13 to 17 years.
This car is fuel-efficient and helps you make a smooth and comfortable commute.
When looking for a used Chrysler Pacifica, keep in mind that any car that has been driven over 100,000 miles is not a good option.
A car driven for 100,000 miles means you can use it only for another 8 or 9 years.
When buying a used Chrysler Pacifica is better to see who the owner was and how the car was driven than a car that has covered a mileage of 35000 to 65000 is a good option.
The less the mileage, the more lifespan it will have with you under proper maintenance and service.
Getting a car that has crossed 50,000 miles will easily give you 10-12 years of smooth service.
How To Increase How Long Your Chrysler Pacifica Last
Chrysler Pacifica is not like other cars. It is the only car that is a plugged-in hybrid minivan in America.
It has amazing features that are very tech-savvy and are required to keep maintained for the fully maintained car.
There are plenty of practices that will help increase the life expectancy of your car, one of which is simply getting your car serviced on a schedule and do not take maintenance lightly because reliability and longevity are related, which require proper maintenance of the car for better executions.
Here are a few things owners need to concentrate on below:
- After every 5000 miles, get the car fully serviced, get the brake pads and rotors inspected accordingly, and check the engine oil and the air filters.
- Every additional 5000 miles, it is important to change the engine oil and the transmission fluid. Get the brake systems and suspension systems inspected as well.
- Change the air filter and spark plugs when the car is near 30,000 miles.
- Change and clean exhaust as required. Make sure you use proper solvents for cleaning, or else rusting could start.
- Get the car rust proofed by a rust proofing specialist, ensuring your car does not corrode in different weathers and temperatures.
- Keep switching the tires from time to time for better drive and even wear and tear. Keep an extra set of tires for going on rough terrain.
Keep the drive to a careful and mindful side. Excessive brakes and screeching can wear out the parts way sooner than expected.
Maintain the screens and tech-savvy features by the specialists on a schedule.
Problems That Limit The Life Of Your Chrysler Pacifica
When you buy a good car such as Chrysler Pacifica, the chances of frequent problems arising is very low, which means a smoother drive for a long.
But it is up to the owner who can neglect the car and later own have different problems that can limit the life of a car.
Here are a few things that owners should be vigilant for:
- Regular maintenance ignored can cause expensive problems in the long run.
- Burned or worn-out brakes and spark plugs
- Key fob battery loss due to excessive use
- Old engine oil and old transmission fluid
- Cheap quality brake pads and spark plugs.
- Dirty air filters and exhaust.
The points mentioned above are just a few things that can lead to bigger problems if not taken care of. It requires dedication and vigilant maintenance for a car to have a full life expectancy.
What To Look For When Buying A Chrysler Pacifica
When buying a used Chrysler Pacifica, you should be very vigilant on some things that can be fruitful in the long run. A careful inspection of the car you are about to buy is important.
- Why is the owner selling the car.
- Does the owner have the entire original paperwork.
- Who is the owner, where did they buy the car from, entire owner’s history.
- How many years has the car been used, and in what area.
- Any recurrent issues that should be highlighted.
- How many parts have been replaced and why.
- How many miles has the car covered.
- Has the car been in an accident, or has it been involved in a crime.
You should take your time before making any decision, it is your right, and you should take all the time you want to make a decision.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. Is The Chrysler Pacifica A Reliable Car?
Yes, Chrysler Pacifica has scored a sum of 76 out of 100 by the JDpowers, which is an average number.
According to the owners, it is a very reliable car and provides many safety features for drivers and passengers.
According to the Consumers report, this minivan has been awarded a 3.5 out of 5 for reliability.
Q2. Does Chrysler Pacifica Have A Lot Of Problems?
No, The Chrysler Pacifica does not have many problems, while a few problems were faced by owners but were easily resolved by local mechanics.
Problems that Chrysler Pacifica owners highlighted were:
- Shaking of the car during acceleration.
- Whistling sounds from the hood.
- Burning rubber smell coming from the hood.
- The car starts grinding when accelerating.
- Transmission problems.
- Failure to shift gears from 1st to 2nd.
These problems are usually due to a lack of service and maintenance. Regularly scheduled service will resolve these problems.
Q3. Is It A Good Idea To Buy A Used Chrysler Pacifica?
Yes, The Chrysler Pacifica has a longer life expectancy than other modern cars.
The usual lifespan of Chrysler Pacifica is 17 years. A car that has been driven for almost 60,000 miles is a good opinion as well.
You can buy a used car depending on the previous owner. If he or she has maintained it properly, a car that has driven for 100,000 miles is also a good option.
Q4. Does Chrysler Pacifica Rust Easily?
No, the car’s body is made sure to be covered by solution when galvanized. It covers all the surfaces of the car and makes it corrosion-free.
The car has a rust warranty of 7 years, which will take care of any corrosion and rust due to any reason.
Q5. Is Chrysler Pacifica Expensive To Maintain?
No, it is surprisingly very economical as compared to other minivans. The average estimated annual maintenance cost is $543, which is good if the car is being regularly serviced.
If owners fill gaps in service, the cost can range from $95 to $1919, which is still very economical.
When the car is not being maintained and serviced according to the schedule, it can cost around $10,620 after ten years of neglect and non-maintenance.
Chrysler Pacifica is a luxury minivan with seven seats and plenty of cargo space. It has fog lights for night vision and also emergency breaks.
The car is designed to provide comfort and safety to the driver and the passenger. It has a powerful engine, making it the best car for long routes and family vacations.
Apart from that, the important question was how long do Chrysler Pacificas last?
The answer is pretty clear, it can last up o 200,000 to 25000 miles without any expensive problems if being maintained and serviced accordingly.
I am Tahir Azam, and I have been writing amazing articles for TaxiHack for as long as I can remember. I know everything that is to know when it comes to automobiles and is always on top of industry news and developments. While I am not an expert by any means, I pride myself on knowing the ins and outs of many different problems and, of course, their solutions. The articles on our website are some of the best and well-researched content that you will find, and I spend countless hours making sure this remains to be true. This is why I ask you to take your time out and read some of my articles, especially if you find a topic that resonates with you or is something you are looking into. This way, you will find the perfect mix of information and tips on your desired topic. Learn more about Tahir.