With a beautiful curvy exterior and a minimalistic interior, the Buick LaCrosse is one of the new highlights in the Asian markets that have dominated the market, with a 3.6 Liter V6 engine that can produce a torque of 258lb from a horsepower of 233hp.
It can go from 0 – 60mph in 5.7 seconds. It is no lie to say the Buick LaCrosse is beautiful to look at, and it feels great to drive.
While the car feels like home, how long do Buick LaCrosse Last?
Maintaining a good reputation and reliable life expectancy and the average estimated lifespan of Buick LaCrosse is 200,000 t0 250,000 miles.
The car has no frequent repairs even though the average cost of repairs is much lower than other luxury four-wheel drives.
With different reliable resources available such as Edmunds and consumer reports, it was found that the Buick lacrosse is a very reliable and comfortable car.
According to Edmunds, it has been one of the all-rounder cars in terms of performance, comfort, safety, fuel, and even decore.
On the other hand, consumers report that the car is awarded 4.0 out of 5. Over the years, Buick LaCrosse launched a new model each year, taking rounds up from the previous one.
Table of Contents
- 1 What Is The Average Life Expectancy Of A Buick LaCrosse?
- 2 Does Buick LaCrosse Last Longer Than Other Similar Vehicles?
- 3 Life Expectancy Of Buick LaCrosse Car Parts
- 4 What Is Good Mileage For A Used Buick LaCrosse?
- 5 How To Increase How Long Your Buick LaCrosse Last
- 6 Problems That Limit The Life Of Your Buick LaCrosse
- 7 What To Look For When Buying Buick LaCrosse
- 8 Frequently Asked Questions
- 9 Conclusion
What Is The Average Life Expectancy Of A Buick LaCrosse?
The Buick LaCrosse is a range of amazing cars that have been refined and updated every year over the past decade.
In 2022 it was taken as a challenge to dominate the Asian markets with high-end parts, which will be discussed later on, and flagship sedan quality.
The car is highly reliable and has an amazing life span. The main thing is the care and maintenance that the owner provides.
Even though maintenance and service are what the owner needs to offer to maintain the quality of the car for its average life expectancy, the average life expectancy of a Buick LaCrosse, as mentioned above, is 200,000 to 250,000 miles.
It has been reported that there is no serious problem until 150,000 miles on an odometer. The car’s reliability can be increased by maintenance, and it can live up to 300,000 miles.
Does Buick LaCrosse Last Longer Than Other Similar Vehicles?
All four wheels sedan and Sedan flagship cars are of no comparison regarding reliability, quality, and durability.
The Buick LaCrosse is an all-rounder car in terms of pricing in fuel consumption, and it has two options a four-wheeler and a front wheeler.
Not many cars can compete against this amazing vehicle, but some have come fairly close.
This section of the article will deal with how different cars dominate Buick LaCrosse and what are the better alternates.
1. Buick LaCrosse Vs. Chrysler 300
In this section, I’ll be discussing two different cars and how they compete.
Among the world of luxury cars, the Chrysler 300 is an American favorite compared to the Buick LaCrosse, a specifically European car.
The four-wheeler has many features, and an amazing engine.
- One of the most noticeable features is the 6-speed auto transmission of the Chrysler 300, while Buick LaCrosse is the 9-speed auto transmission.
- According to JD Power, the quality and reliability of Buick LaCrosse are scored as 82 out of 100, and now Chrysler 300 is scored as 81 out of 100.
- According to Car complaints, Buick LaCrosse has 342 complaints on file and 304 problems reported by the owners. On the other hand, Chrysler 300 has 436 complaints and 609 problems by the owners.
- Chrysler can go from 0 – 60mph in 5.3 seconds, while lacrosse can go from 0 – 60mph in 5.6 seconds.
Keeping the competition tough, Chrysler 300 has many amazing features.
Still, on the verdict of life expectancy as Buick LaCrosse has a life expectancy of 200,000 to 250,000 miles, Chrysler has about 200,000 miles.
2. Buick Lacrosse Vs. Kia Cadenza
Kia Cadenza is a large car among many luxury cars compared to the Buick LaCrosse. Both can harbor five passengers, but Lacrosse has a very spacious interior.
However, Kia Cadenza is very difficult to move around in tight spots.
- From a safety perspective, Buick lacrosse has more safety features than rear brakes, and Kia Cadenza lacks that. In terms of fuel, Buick LaCrosse is very economical.
- According to JD, Kia Cadenza is still not scored, while Buick Lacrosse is rated 82 out of 100 in terms of Quality and Reliability.
- According to car complaints, Buick LaCrosse has 342 complaints on file and 304 problems reported by the owners, and Kia Cadenza has 3545 complaints on the file.
- The engine of the Buick LaCrosse is 3.6L/TBD, and Kia Cadenza has a 3.3L/204.
Keeping the features in focus Buick LaCrosse is a more reliable car even in terms of life expectancy.
For Kia Cadenza is 200,000 miles, while for Buick Lacrosse is around 200,000 to 250,000 miles, a more reliable option.
3. Buick LaCrosse Vs. Nissan Maxima
Both the luxury cars are midsize cars that can accommodate five passengers at a time.
Both cars a very spacious, but in terms of life expectancy and reliability Buick LaCrosse and Nissan Maxima are not much preferred.
Let’s see if Nissan Maxima has more to offer.
- Both are midsized cars, but Nissan Maxima has an engine of 3.5L/212, and Buick Lacrosse is 3.6/L 217, which is heavier and more powerful.
- According to JDpowers, Buick LaCrosse is awarded 82 scores out of 100, while Nissan Maxima has a score of 87 scores out of 100.
- Buick LaCrosse has an engine type of Gas V6, and Nissan Maxima has an engine type of premium unleaded V6.
- Buick LaCrosse is a more spacious car with space to accommodate more people, while Nissan Maxima has a bigger exterior but can accommodate only five passengers.
- According to car complaints, Nissan Maxima has 1399 complaints on file, and Buick LaCrosse has 342 complaints and 304 problems reported by the owners.
Based on the merits and the demerits, it is seen that Buick LaCrosse is a more reliable car to buy as it can last 200k-250k miles and Nissan Maxima can last 150k – 200k miles.
Life Expectancy Of Buick LaCrosse Car Parts
As mentioned above, the car parts of Buick LaCrosse are usually Sedan Flagship.
However, the Buick LaCrosse has high-end car parts but is not flagship which means they are not as expensive and exclusive.
All consumers can easily avail the of car parts and maintain the car accordingly.
The availability of these car parts also makes it easier to increase the Buick LaCrosse life expectancy.
Average Lifespan Of Buick LaCrosse Brake Pads
The wearing out of Buick LaCrosse brakes starts at 30,000 miles. After that, it advises maintaining the brake pads and inspecting them accordingly.
The brake pads can go on more than 80,000 miles if the car is driven with proper care and not excessive braking.
Buick LaCrosse brake pads’ average estimated life expectancy is 30,000 to 70,000 miles, but it is advised to change the brake pads at 40,000 miles in case the brake pads are worn out.
It will directly affect the rotors.
Average Lifespan Of Buick LaCrosse Battery
Although all hybrid car batteries are designed to last up to 6-8 years, which gives the car almost 100,000 – 150,000 miles, as recorded by an odometer.
It is also up to the owner how they maintain the battery and keeps it protected from external factors such as extreme temperatures and winter slush.
The life expectancy of a Buick LaCrosse battery can live up to 6-10 years, depending on the regular service and the owner’s driving habits.
Things like unlocked doors and neglect on high beams can limit the battery’s life.
Average Lifespan Of Buick LaCrosse Tires
Tires are the most under strain when driving on different terrains.
The Buick LaCrosse offers both four-wheel and a front-wheel drive, which means the tire can wear out much sooner if not taken care of.
It is advised to rotate the tires every 10,000 miles for equal wear and tear.
The estimated life expectancy of the Buick LaCrosse tires is about 50,000 to 60,000 miles which depends on the owner over speeding and making rash cuts while driving.
Off-roading can put the tires under a lot more strain than expected. But maintained tires can give the owner up to 3-5 years.
Average Lifespan Of Buick LaCrosse Transmission
The Buick LaCrosse offers a 9-speed transmission with a good amount of horsepower, 222hp, which allows the transmission to have a lifespan of about 150,000 to 200,000 miles.
The transmission can be maintained by proper inspection after every 30,000 miles and refilling of the transmission fluid.
It has been reported that the average lifespan of the transmission without any maintenance of the Buick LaCrosse can go up to 130,000 to 180,000 miles which is approximately seven years.
Average Lifespan Of Buick LaCrosse Spark Plugs
Spark plugs are an important asset to ignition, which need to be inspected every 10,000 miles and replaced after 30,000 miles.
Owners have reported the spark plugs living past 30,000 miles, but that is an unwanted risk because they will give out past 30,000 miles.
The estimated life expectancy of the spark plugs is reported to be 30,000 to 40,000 miles.
It is better to inspect the spark plugs and replace them on time. Before the engine starts stalling, there isn’t much power for the tires.
Average Lifespan Of Buick LaCrosse Key Fob
The most common issue with new cars is the key fob battery, which, when it dies, makes the car unresponsive.
The Buick LaCrosse has two options for the key fob an electric one that lives for about 2-3 years and a regular one that can live for around six years.
It also depends on how the owner maintains their driving habits and how often they change the key fob battery.
What Is Good Mileage For A Used Buick LaCrosse?
Over the years, many cars have become the stars of the market, but very few have become the reliability to the customers. One of such reliable cars is Buick LaCrosse.
It is hard to find such durable and economical cars. If you have decided to purchase one, it is an excellent decision.
Even a used Buick LacCrosse is no match for any other four-wheelers. The car has a reputation, and it will live on.
When it comes to buying a used car, make it a habit to never opt for a car that has been driven past 100,000 miles which indicates half of its life is gone.
While Buick LaCrosse has no problems up to 150,000 miles, a maintained and serviced Buick LaCrosse that has been driven for 100,000 miles is also a good choice.
But for a longer period and better drive, it is advised to buy a car that has been driven for around 30,000 – 60,000 miles.
How To Increase How Long Your Buick LaCrosse Last
Buick LaCrosse is not just any car it has amazing features, a heavy-duty engine that produces ample amounts of horsepower, and an amazing exterior with smooth linear curves.
It takes dedication for someone to own a car this sophisticated and elegant.
Even though the life expectancy of the Buick LaCrosse is about 200,000 to 250,000 miles, certain maintenance practices can increase the life expectancy of the car to almost 300,000 miles.
Here are a few things that need to be followed to achieve the goal.
- The maintenance and service schedule is also available online, but here is what you can do after suitable intervals for starters.
- After every 5000 miles, change the synthetic oil and inspect the brake pads and the engine oil. Get it serviced by a specialist.
- The brake pads and rotors are to be inspected every 10,000 miles. Also, add the routine mentioned above along with refilling of transmission fluid.
- Make a habit of inspecting the front shaft boots and the windshield wiper if they need to be replaced.
- After every 20,000 miles, inspect the parts mentioned above and add the steering and suspension system inspection for any repairs.
- Make a habit of changing the battery in the key fob and changing the air filters at 30,000 miles along with the spark plugs.
- On 40,000 miles, get the car properly serviced and inspected for any repairs. Change the brake belt and inspect the fuel line.
- Get the car rustproofed to inhibit any kind of corrosive activity. Get a professional rustproofer to do it for you.
- Keep the car clean as damp or moist spots can induce fungal and mold growths.
- Drive carefully without over speeding as it may wear the brakes out and the engine.
The Buick LaCrosse is just not any car. Though it is sturdy and durable, it still needs regular maintenance.
The above points mentioned are just a few things that need to be on a schedule for maintenance.
Problems That Limit The Life Of Your Buick LaCrosse
There is no lie in saying a car’s life is partly dependent on the owner as it is up to the owner’s care and maintenance that can either increase the lifespan of a car or limit it.
The estimated life span of Buick LaCrosse is 200,000 to 250,000 miles, but with neglect and no proper maintenance, it can come down to almost 130,000 miles.
Here are a few things that can limit the life expectancy of your Buick LaCrosse.
- Old engine oil and excessive speeding can cause a burning smell from under the hood.
- Neglect on the transmission fluid and spark plugs can cause transmission failure and jerks on acceleration.
- Old Spark plugs can cause vibration on acceleration.
- Unchanged car parts can cause whistling sounds from under the hood.
- Key fob battery replacement.
- Old engine oil and faulty ignition can cause delays in shifting.
- Unchanged spark plugs causing ignition problems.
- Old air filters.
- Unchanged brake belt, which can tear off.
- Unmaintained suspension and steering system.
The main things pointed out in the list above are the most common neglects by Buick LaCrosse owners. It is time to become vigilant.
What To Look For When Buying Buick LaCrosse
Congratulations on your decision to finally buy the Buick LaCrosse. According to consumers’ reports, it is an amazing car with a rating of 4.0 out of 5.
But when you go looking for a used Buick LaCrosse, here are a few things to keep in mind to ask.
- The main question is the reason, why is the car being sold?
- The second question should be regarding the Ownership history; who owned the car, and where did they buy it from?
- History of use is also important. How many years have the owners been using the car?
- Average covered mileage, what is the exact mileage covered by the car?
- History of replacements and repairs, what parts have been replaced, and where are the receipts?
- Accident history and criminal history, Has the car been in an accident or involved in a crime?
These are some important questions to keep in mind when buying a used car. Keep in mind that you can take all the time you need to make a decision.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. Is The Buick LaCrosse A Reliable Car?
Yes, The Buick LaCrosse is a creation of Sedan, which has skipped over the flagship so that the parts are easily available for the buyers.
According to the overall luxury car rating, the reliability rating for Buick LaCrosse is 64.08.
At the same time, according to JD powers, it has been awarded 82 out of 100, which is a good score.
The Buick LaCrosse is a very reliable car, the other aspects of this car are durability, sturdiness, and economical.
Q2. Does Buick LaCrosse Have A Lot Of Problems?
No, The Buick LaCrosse does not have many problems, which means it is a sturdy and durable car.
According to consumer reports, it is 4.0 out of 5, which means the car does not have frequent repairs and problems.
One of the common problems that the owners faced was the door sticking which the local mechanic resolved.
Apart from that, the car was termed as a little noisy, but it is nothing to be worried about your local mechanic can fix that as well.
Q3. Is It A Good Idea To Buy A Used Buick LaCrosse?
Yes, it is a very good idea to buy the Buick LaCrosse as it is one of the most reliable cars rated by consumers reporting as 4.0 out of 5.
At the same time, JD powers awarded the car 82 out of 100. Apart from that, the car has a life expectancy of 200,000 to 250,000 miles, almost 17 years.
This makes the car very reliable and has a long drive. The car can live for almost two decades with good maintenance and regular service.
Q4. Does Buick LaCrosse Rust Easily?
No, the Buick Lacrosse has the entire body covered with a zinc layer as it is galvanized.
There was one call regarding corrosion due to rust in 2013, but the company looked into the matter, and it didn’t ever happen again.
If the car is not maintained in winter, the winter slush can rust the inner body, requiring rustproofing.
Q5. Is Buick LaCrosse Expensive To Maintain?
Surprisingly, the car’s maintenance costs less than other luxury cars. The annual estimated cost for repairs and maintenance is around $569.
This charge can vary depending on the car’s age, the repair, and how many services have been skipped.
Dominating the Asian market with its amazing lean curvy exterior and a minimalistic interior decore.
The Buick LaCrosse is an exemplary car that has been refined and updated for today’s use.
The car is very spacious and has a four-wheel drive but also provides a two-wheel drive. This is a must-plan to have a car with amazing ratings and an amazing reputation.
In terms of engine and power, it has a 3.6 V6 engine and produces a good amount of horsepower to power the tires and keep them going.
But the main question was, how long do Buick LaCrosse last?
The answer is simple if you take care of it and maintain it, the car can live up to 300,000 miles, but the average estimated life expectancy is 200,000 to 250,000 miles.
I am Tahir Azam, and I have been writing amazing articles for TaxiHack for as long as I can remember. I know everything that is to know when it comes to automobiles and is always on top of industry news and developments. While I am not an expert by any means, I pride myself on knowing the ins and outs of many different problems and, of course, their solutions. The articles on our website are some of the best and well-researched content that you will find, and I spend countless hours making sure this remains to be true. This is why I ask you to take your time out and read some of my articles, especially if you find a topic that resonates with you or is something you are looking into. This way, you will find the perfect mix of information and tips on your desired topic. Learn more about Tahir.