As there is a lot of competition in the car business, Acura TLX is taking a good position in the top 10.
If you’re looking for a reliable and durable car with a luxury and modern look with excellent use of amazing quality hardware, the Acura TLX is probably the best option in the market for you.
I do want to answer the most common question asked by anyone looking to buy the Acura TLX, and that is “how long do Acura TLX last?”, the car has a 250,000 to 300,000 miles average rate of lasting, and this could go a bit up if you maintain the car and take good care of its external and internal affairs.
Now you’re probably interested if you’ve read this far in, don’t worry because I’ve listed out every detail you need to know to buy the Acura TLX.
Read below for all the pros and cons you should be aware of before putting a lease on your own personal Acura TLX.
Table of Contents
- 1 What Is The Average Life Expectancy Of An Acura TLX?
- 2 Does Acura TLX Last Longer Than Other Similar Vehicles?
- 3 Life Expectancy Of Acura TLX Car Parts
- 4 What Is Good Mileage For A Used Acura TLX?
- 5 How To Increase How Long Your Acura TLX Lasts
- 6 Problems That Limit The Life Of Your Acura TLX
- 7 What To Look For When Buying An Acura TLX
- 8 Frequently Asked Questions
- 9 Conclusion
What Is The Average Life Expectancy Of An Acura TLX?
As I’ve mentioned above, this is the most frequently asked question that arises in one’s mind before buying an Acura TLX.
The car has a good average of 250,000 miles to 300,000 miles maximum on it, if you’re a rough driver, then this mileage might decrease, and if you maintain your car to a high level, then it will last a much longer time well.
This rounds off to 17 years at the least and 20 years maximum, which for a modern compact car is a lot and perfect for a long-term investment in your vehicle.
To be more specific, below is a more detailed article!
Does Acura TLX Last Longer Than Other Similar Vehicles?
Let’s compare the Acura TLX with a bunch of other cars, considered either competitors or, in general, discuss if the Acura TLX is better than these other vehicles that might offer a wider range of quality than this specific one.
If you think other vehicles can last just as long as the Acura TLX, then read below to find out if that’s even true or not:
1. Acura TLX Vs. Honda Accord
The Honda Accord is Honda’s best-selling car in the US, this compact car is the perfect balance between form and function, but the question is, is it better than the Acura TLX?
Let’s find out with a quick comparison:
- Honda Accord has a mileage of 22 MPG in the city and 32 MPG on the highway.
- Whereas the Acura TLX has a mileage of 22 MPG in the city and 31 MPG on the highway, both the vehicles have almost the same mileage rate; hence I would consider this an equal win for both the cars.
- The average lifespan of the Honda Accord is 200,000 miles to 300,000 miles which are approximately 15-20 years.
- The Acura TLX, as we know, has a lifespan of 17-20 years which is 250,000 miles to 300,000 miles. Again I would say both the vehicles have the same lifespan rate.
- One advantage the Honda Accord has over the Acura TLX is price-wise, the Accord is way much more affordable than the TLX, and both the cars offer almost the same features and functions.
- The overall rating of the Honda Accord is 8.3 out of 10, whereas the Acura TLX has a rating of 7.6 out of 10.
I think the Honda Accord is a better option mainly because it’s exactly like the Acura TLX in both form and function, but way much more affordable and has a better customer review rating.
2. Acura TLX Vs. Acura TSX
Next up, I’ve a comparison between two cars produced by Acura, the TLX and TSX.
- TSX is an older version of an Acura, whereas the TLX was introduced much later. So the old to new ratio gives TLX a greater advantage.
- The Acura TSX has a lifespan rate of 200,000 to 300,000 miles which is a good 20 years.
- And as mentioned above, the TLX also has a lifespan of 20 years maximum with 250,000 miles to 300,000 miles on it, and if maintained properly, both the cars can have an increase in both their lifespan and hardware part longevity. So I would consider it a win for both the cars in this category.
- The TSX has a mileage of 21-22 MPG in the city and 31 MPG maximum on the highway.
- And the TLX has a mileage of 22 MPG in the city and 31 MPG on the highway. Again both the cars don’t show any advantage over the other hence a win for both the vehicles.
- Design-wise, as the TSX is an older version of the Acura, it’s not as modern and advanced as the TLX model; hence buying a new and improved car is usually the customer’s first choice, so a win for the TLX in this category.
- The TLX has a 142 MPH rate and is considered a pretty speedy car, whereas the TSX is said to not have the best acceleration.
Both the TLX and TSX are Acura models that offer a wide variety of functions and have a long-lasting rate, but I would say go for the new modern, improved version and invest in the TLX.
3. Acura TLX Vs. BMW 3 Series
Lastly, I have the Acura TLX vs. the BMW 3 Series; although BMW has a whole lot of recognition in the market due to its well-known name and car quality, it’s pretty evident that the Acura vehicles have surpassed BMW let’s find out more with this comparison:
- First up is the lifespan. The BMW 3 Series has a lifespan of 200,000 miles to 250,000 miles, which is roughly 13-16 years.
- And as we already know, the Acura TLX has a lifespan of 15-20 years which is about 250,000 miles to 300,000 miles at the most, and more if you maintain and use the vehicle with care. I would claim this as a win for the Acura TLX.
- The mileage rate for the Acura TLX, as we know, is 22 MPG in the city and 31 MPG on the highway. Whereas the BMW 3 Series has a mileage of 16 MPG in the city and 20 MPG on the highway, this is a win for the TLX.
- Safety-wise, the Acura TLX has been given a higher rate than the BMW 3 Series, another advantage the TLX has over its rival.
- The BMW 3 Series has 8.2 out of 10 overall ratings.
- Whereas we know the Acura TLX has 7.6 out of 10. So this is the first advantage the BMW 3 Series has over the TLX, and this has mainly nothing to do with the features and functioning of the car. It’s more about popularity.
I would personally recommend the Acura TLX in terms of investment. If you’re going to buy a vehicle, focus more on what it provides for your comfort than its popularity in the market.
Life Expectancy Of Acura TLX Car Parts
The Acura TLX has a good average for longevity and working period, and the main thing you need to look for in a car is its parts lifespan.
Below I discussed some of the most average lifespan of the Acura TLX car parts that affect the vehicle’s lifeline.
Let’s discuss each one, so you have a better idea of what to look for when buying the TLX.
Average Lifespan Of Acura TLX Brake Pads
This particular factor depends solely on your driving skills and habits. If you’re a new driver, this part will be affected.
The Acura TLX brake pads have longevity lasting for about 70,000 maximum and 30,000 minimum miles, which is roughly 4-5 years in the long run.
That is a pretty decent amount of time for brake pads before you need to repair or replace the pair. Maybe avoid areas with too much traffic to expand your brake pads lifespan.
Average lifespan Of Acura TLX Battery
You can play a vital role in your car’s battery period for lasting. The average lifespan estimated for the Battery of the Acura TLX is three years minimum and five years maximum.
The average battery life for a normal car battery is 3-4 years.
This is also when you are driving roughly and not caring too much, so in comparison to that, the TLX has a pretty good lasting range and meets the normal battery percentage criteria.
Some cars even have six years’ worth of battery life, and this is mainly because either they barely ever use their vehicle or they are high on maintenance, which, as we know, plays a vital role in the longevity of a car to survive without needed repairing or replacing of car parts.
Average Lifespan Of Acura TLX Tires
All four tires usually don’t need to be replaced all at once. In the Acura TLX’s case, the tires have a lifespan of 50,000 miles to 70,000 miles.
You can, of course, increase the lifespan by not only driving smoothly and minimizing unnecessary breaks but also driving on safe and smooth roads that don’t have many bumps and speed breakers.
This particular factor isn’t possible in the long run because a person cannot choose the right route to take when driving somewhere.
If the road is bumpy, it will be bumpy. You can improve your car’s performance and longevity by using good quality parts using heavy, good, quality, long-lasting tires.
Average Lifespan Of Acura TLX Transmission
The transmission on the Acura TLX needs to be replaced after every 200,000 miles at the most and 10,000 miles at the least, depending on the lifespan and given situation.
The TLX has been said to have transmission problems such as delayed shifting gears, jumping during acceleration, shaky ride, and odd smells.
This decreases the lifespan of the Transmission and adds to its cons, and decreases the value of the car.
Average Lifespan Of Acura TLX Spark Plugs
The average lifespan of the Acura TLX spark plugs is seven years hence every 6-7 years, you will need to either change or replace the car’s spark plus in miles of about 105,000 miles.
You should always use platinum spark plugs for your car. The TLX uses just those and hence can last a long period.
If you go for your car’s maintenance often, then the spark plugs could even last up to a longer period.
Taking measures to enhance your car parts lifespan adds to a greater advantage for its price.
Average Lifespan Of Acura TLX Key Fob
As we already know, the Acura offers key fobs in its vehicle, don’t be disappointed if you’re not a die heart fan of the techy key trend.
The company also offers normal keys. But the key fob, in particular, is a great modern touch to the Acura TLX. Its average life span is three years to four years maximum.
Most of the time, key fobs need to be replaced within your car’s warranty time. If you use your vehicle frequently, they have a limited battery life, but 3-4 years is amazing in the long run.
The Key Fob will most likely show signs of the battery dying, so you know beforehand you need to go in for a replacement which is a great feature for the Acura TLX.
What Is Good Mileage For A Used Acura TLX?
If you’re about to put a lease on a used Acura TLX, then you need to know exactly what a good mileage for the vehicle is.
If the used Acura TLX is well maintained, it’s safe to buy the TLX on 80,000-100,000 miles, but if the car isn’t in the best condition, it’s better to hop down a notch.
If we base it on a normal mileage of 15,000 annually, the purchasers should have around 20 years without worrying about occasional repairs and replacements.
How To Increase How Long Your Acura TLX Lasts
Here are some preventive measures you can take to increase your Acura TLX’s period.
Each one is easy to maintain, and as a car owner, you should be able to balance out these tips well to save not only time but also the money you paid should be worth what you’re using.
- Drive sensibly.
- Get car maintenance often.
- Check every hardware part of your used TLX before putting a lease on it.
- Try to resolve any issues with the vehicle as soon as they appear. There will be fewer chances of your car parts getting damaged quickly.
- Make sure rust-free material is used.
- Maintenance of the car’s engine is like the heart of the car, so keeping it in check is important for the car’s longevity.
Above, I mentioned some of the most common things you could do to increase your car’s longevity rate.
You can also try cleaning your car every other month to keep it nice and problem-free.
Problems That Limit The Life Of Your Acura TLX
There are a few problems that cause threats and limit the lifespan of the Acura TLX.
Before investing in something as big as a car, you also need to be aware of all the possible problems with the vehicle that may arise due to lack of maintenance and evident issues such as:
- Transmission problems.
- Recalls for airbags.
- Driveshaft separation.
- Problems with the car’s brake.
- Failure of fuel pumping.
Although there is no such thing as perfect, there is no such thing as a perfect car either. Every car has cons and pros. The above mentioned are some of the few common ones that arose.
Still, these problems are fixable if you maintain your car to your liking and adjust each part for a more convenient experience while driving, then you should be worried about these problems.
What To Look For When Buying An Acura TLX
One of the very important and main factors to highlight is this very topic. What exactly do you need to look for in the Acura TLX?
Well, for starters, you need to do your research and see if the TLX fits your needs, and if you’re reading my article, I guess the car is just your type.
Here are a few things you should look for when buying an Acura TLX:
- The car’s average mileage needs to be decent.
- Its lifespan needs to be more than 12 years.
- It should have a good customer review.
- When buying a used one, make sure the vehicle does not have an accident history relating to serious causes.
- Lastly, check if it’s a high maintenance car or a low one.
These are a few basic factors to keep in mind when buying, specifically the Acura TLX. Your preference for outer appearance can be customized as well.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. Is The Acura TLX A Reliable Car?
Yes, the Acura TLX is a very reliable car. The vehicle has a reliability rate of 4.5 out of 5.0, which is almost a perfect rating if you ask me.
You don’t need to be worried about the TLX not meeting its claims.
It’s a very durable car with the right type of functions that will provide you with a balanced driving and comfort experience.
Q2. Does Acura TLX Have A Lot Of Problems?
As I’ve already discussed previously, the Acura TLX does have a few flaws but not a lot, of course, to the point where it’s a danger, problems arise due to a situation, and the situation is always undoable.
The car has:
- Faulty transmission system.
- Recall failure of airbags.
- Faulty brakes.
- Faulty fuel pumping system.
These are some of the most annoying ones, but all the issues mentioned above are solvable in case of occurrence, so you don’t have a solid problem that can’t be fixed with just a few bits and pieces that require extra maintenance.
Q3. Is It A Good Idea To Buy A Used Acura TLX?
That depends on the condition of the used Acura TLX you’re looking at. The lesser the mileage it has, the better it is to purchase.
Buying an overly used rough car will have its effects. It’s not a bad idea to buy a used Acura TLX. Just look for one with the most accurate features as the original brand new one.
One main thing to look at in a used car is the used hardware. You should look for a newer version of the second-hand TLX with good quality hardware interior and exterior.
Q4. Does Acura TLX Rust Easily?
Rust is inevitable no matter what you do. The suspension arm knuckle is said to rust the quickest.
You can take measures to prevent instant rust, but just about the only thing you can do to prevent rust aside from this is the replacement of rust invested parts.
Try not to park your car in wet and moist areas, and as soon as you notice signs of rusting, act upon repair. This will prevent the intense spreading of zinc.
Q5. Is Acura TLX Expensive To Maintain?
Not really. The Acura TLX is not that expensive to maintain. It will cost you around $400-500 per year.
Although the car is a modern, brand new one, the parts used aren’t as expensive and luxurious; hence replacement and repairing cause one-third of the usual amount paid for just about any other car.
Acura TLX ranks 11/30 as the most inexpensive vehicle to maintain.
This is a huge turn-on when putting a lease on a car because the idea of already paying a huge amount and then having to pay money repeatedly is a customer’s last thought.
And that’s just about everything you need to know about the Acura TLX before you decide to officially buy it, this walk-through about the TLX will open up your mindset to put a lease on this gorgeous car.
I even answered some of the main questions such as how long do Acura TLX last, what should you look for, and if it’s expensive or not.
From cons to pros and problems, you might face to what you should look for in a TLX before purchasing it is all mentioned above.
I am Tahir Azam, and I have been writing amazing articles for TaxiHack for as long as I can remember. I know everything that is to know when it comes to automobiles and is always on top of industry news and developments. While I am not an expert by any means, I pride myself on knowing the ins and outs of many different problems and, of course, their solutions. The articles on our website are some of the best and well-researched content that you will find, and I spend countless hours making sure this remains to be true. This is why I ask you to take your time out and read some of my articles, especially if you find a topic that resonates with you or is something you are looking into. This way, you will find the perfect mix of information and tips on your desired topic. Learn more about Tahir.